PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 05/15/2018 12:52 PM by  Cale Kee
Is Anyone using a home energy monitoring system?
 3 Replies
Sort:
Please register and login to participate in the forums.
Author Messages
Joe Clark

--
08/01/2017 10:23 AM
    Hello,

I am doing a fairly large project with all new hvac as well as building a home theater and my energy consumption has always been through the roof. I average 2,000 KWH a month already and my new additions may cause it to increase. I had an electrician laying out wires tell me I have some type of electrical problem, because 2,000 KWH is way too much for what I am using. He said I should install an electrical monitoring system to figure out where the power is going.

I have see a bunch of plug in ones that you have to manually plug everything in but I don't want to do that. i also see the energy detective that has mixed views.I went through Energy Monitoring Video to know more but wasn't satisfied.
    Anyone recommend a product for this application.

Thank you.

Tony Hodges
    CRM Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08/01/2017 2:06 PM
    Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your interest in our product lines. Here is the web link to a company that might be able to assist you in your applications need, http://www.pdicorp.com/break-it/tem...rview-(1).
    Jard Crocker

--
    11/16/2017 10:41 AM
    Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge there are systems out there that can continuously monitor each circuit and generate reports each week or month so that you can see exactly where all the power is going. They are certainly a good idea to monitor usage long term.
    Cale Kee

--
    05/15/2018 12:52 PM
    Hi...i think it is important to distinguish between household energy monitors and energy monitors for individual appliances. Some energy monitors are used to monitor a single appliance at a time and give you a more detailed look at that particular device. Household monitors plug into your energy meter and give you a complete energy-use picture. This page focuses on the big-picture monitors.
    Please register and login to participate in the forums.

Copyright 2024 by CR Magnetics